||Start by selecting one of the 4 options:
- Free Mode (a blank, new MicroWorlds project)
- Open Project (open an existing project)
- Tutorials (on screen step-by-step tutorials help teachers and students learn MicroWorlds EX)
- Samples (exploration and project ideas)
|Additional Support & Help
- On screen techniques panel to help students with the most common tasks.
- Instant tips on commands and error messages.
- Redesigned, faster, more accessible Help System.
- Media content: hundreds of shapes, music, photos, sounds and videos.
- Curriculum ideas at the LCSI Web Site Project Library
- Teacher’s Guide to help you get started.
- Improved user interface for graphics includes: grid, constraint, floating graphics, clipart library, and more…
- Wallpaper page to create a common background throughout a project.
- New interactive objects make
it easy to create cool interactive projects such as surveys, quizzes and
- These objects include drop
down menus, check boxes and radio button sets that they can add to their
Dialog box editor generates professional looking
Smart Turtles” that carry their belongings and knowledge in their own
private backpacks. Therefore each turtle can be defined to have its own
State, Procedures, Rules, Shapes, Notes & Audio enabling it to be
saved independently and easily shared with other students.
- The private belongings and knowledge paradigm fosters the “building block” and constructivist approach of MicroWorlds EX.
- "Traveling Smart Turtles” are easier to share (via
Intranet or Internet) between projects and between students. Makes it
easier to build collaborative projects.
|Compatible with Microsoft products (Windows version only)
- Use Word’s spell checker
Use Excel’s charting power
- Music (Including MIDI and MP3’s)
- Videos (Including AVI and MPEG's)
- Web pages (HTML)
- Sounds (WAVE, AIFF and SND)
- Publish your interative projects to the web so that friends and family can view and play with your project