The MicroWorlds Web Players for Macintosh
The MicroWorlds WebPlayer cannot be
included on a commercially distributed CD or diskette, or another web
Downloading and Installing the MicroWorlds Web Player for Mac OS 8.5 to 9.2
MAC OS 8.5 or higher
Internet Explorer 4.0 (or higher) or
Follow these steps:
1. Click on the download button to begin the downloading process. You will be asked where you want the file to be located on your hard disk. Remember to take note of the location.
The file you are downloading is a compressed file with the extension ".hqx." Its size is about 3.4MB while the ".bin" is 2.5MB. Before starting the download process, bookmark this site so you can come back here once the download is complete.
2. Quit the Browser. Go to the Finder and decompress the mwplugin.sit.hqx (or mwplugin.sit.bin) file. Usually, Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer automatically decompress the file. If you do not have the necessary helper application to decompress software downloads, get Stuffit Expander from the StuffIt Expander page.
3.Run the installer by double clicking on the installer file. The WebPlayer will be automatically installed inside Internet Explorer (if installed on your computer) when the Easy option is activated. For networking, use the special section of the custom installer to control which browser the WebPlayer will be installed to. Then by using the Custom option you can install the WebPlayer inside Netscape if you prefer. You may also install the WebPlayer in both browsers using the Custom option.
4. Increase the application size for your Browser by 20 MB. Click on the application icon of your Browser, and choose Get Info from the File Menu. Increase the number for Preferred Size by 20000 KB. For example, if the preferred size is 8000, increase it to 28000.
5. Re-start your Browser and come back to this site. If you are not sure if the Web Player works, look at a project in our Projects Library. If you do not see the MicroWorlds project, refer to the tips in troubleshooting.
Downloading and Installing the MicroWorlds Web Player for Safari and Macintosh OS X
Macintosh OS X, version 10.3.9 or higher
Follow these steps:
1. Click on
the download button to begin the downloading process. The file you
are downloading is about 3.7 MB.
4. Re-start your Browser and come back to this site. If you are not sure if the Web Player works, look at a project in our Projects Library. If you do not see the MicroWorlds project, refer to the tips in troubleshooting.
Here's how you can view or make your own projects on the Web.
Once you have downloaded the Web Player file and installed it, you can view the projects in several sections of our extensive Project Library and even download them to your hard disk to experiment with them.
If you do not own a copy of MicroWorlds, and would like to try a demo version, go back to our main page and choose the appropriate demo based on your platform and Operating System. Use the library to find ideas for your own projects.
The WEB PLAYERS ARE FREE and can be downloaded from our web site. These are the most recent versions but you should visit our web site frequently to see if any newer versions have been released, and, if so, replace your current version with the most recent one.