Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should I tell parents?
A. Explain to parents that this is one more way that learning can
continue at home. The Home Use Option lets students continue using these
products at home and reinforces ideas introduced at the school. For
MicroWorlds users, there are dozens of student activities to explore in
the Project Library section of our website (www.lcsi.ca).
A Home Use Option package is also a great gift idea for nieces, nephews,
Q. What type of documentation or packaging do the students get?
A. In order to keep prices low, we've eliminated expensive and
unnecessary packaging and printing costs. All the titles that we offer
come in generic packaging (not a fancy
box) and have their documentation stored on the CD ROM. You or your
students can print unlimited copies.
Q. What do I need to do?
A. Step 1:
- Fill in the following information on the enclosed sample:
- To whom the parent should make the check payable (the school name or
the teacher or the PTA, for example)
- sign your name
- the date that you'd like orders to be returned to you
- Make photocopies for your students to take home.
- Collect all the order forms from your students.
- Fill in LCSI's Home Use Option School Order Form.
- Make one check with the full amount payable to LCSI.
- Send everything to LCSI at the address listed on the form.
Q. How much is the shipping and handling charge?
A. In order to determine the total shipping charge, calculate 8%
of your total order. Please remember that there is a $10 minimum
Q. Why must I place a minimum order of $100?
A. In order to keep prices low, we need to set a minimum order of
$100. LCSI uses independent warehousing and shipping companies and the
cost to process smaller orders is very high.
Q. What if I still have questions? Who do I call?
A. Click here for ways to contact LCSI and we'll be happy to answer all